Halloween ComicFest is conducting "The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever", where participants must take a picture in costume showcasing one of the 19 free Halloween ComicFest full-size or mini-comics. To be entered, customers must then upload their costume photos to be entered to win great prizes, including a Grand Prize of a $500 shopping spree at their local comic shop.
Starting October 1st through November 9th contestants can upload their photos and choose one of the five costume categories— Superhero/Comics, TV/Movie, Gamer, Horror and Original to enter.
How To Enter:
- Contestants must get one of the 2014 19 official Halloween ComicFest full-size or mini-comics.
- Contestants must take a picture of themselves holding one of the Halloween ComicFest comics while in costume.
- The photo must be uploaded to the Halloween ComicFest website at (www.halloweencomicfest.com/costumecontest), starting October 1, and submitted into the appropriate costume category. Pictures will be screened by the HCF staff to ensure the photo is appropriate and has a HCF comic included in the picture.
- Contestants are encouraged to share their photos across social media channels to gain votes.
- Photos can be submitted starting Wednesday October 1st until 11:59PM on November 9th, as long as they are pictured with a 2014 HCF comic (mini or full-sized).**
**Participants can enter their photo submissions before Oct. 25th since the consumer mini-comic packs will be available to purchase from retailers starting Oct. 1st.
From Sunday, November 2nd until Sunday November 9th at 11:59PM, fans will be able to vote on their favorite entries featured on the Halloween ComicFest website, ultimately helping decide a category winner. In addition to the category prize winners, two Grand Prize winners will be picked at random to receive a $500 shopping spree to their local comic shop and one adult and one child from each category will be randomly selected to receive a $100 shopping spree. The adult and child who earn the most votes in their respective categories will receive a prize pack containing a variety of items from contest sponsors which include DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Archie Comics, IDW Publishing, BOOM! Studios, Diamond Select Toys, Zenescope, Oni Press, Abstract, Funko, Giant Microbes, Funimation, Tweeterhead, and Bandai.